You must be the Owner or Manager of the location you wish to authorize in Google My Business to complete the authorization process.
Create GMB Authorization for RocketReviews
To authorize your Google My Business account in RocketReviews, follow these steps:
- Log in to your RocketReviews account.
- For Agency/Reseller accounts using Agency Dashboard, you must first select a client.
- Go to Account Owner > Authorization Settings.
- Click +Add Authorization.
- Select your Google account in the modal.
- Click Allow to give permission to RocketReviews to access the account. You can revoke permission at any time. See Remove GMB Authorization for RocketReviews.
- Click Close to exit the Success modal. You will see a label, Authorized, followed by the number of accounts and any issues. Select View Details for more information.
You may receive an error message from the Google My Business API. The following errors require action within your Google My Business account to resolve.
- “Inadequate Permissions”
If you receive“Location Not Found”, you may be able to resolve the issue with one of the following solutions:
- In RocketReviews, the URL and/or PlaceID for that location may be obsolete.
- The listing may not exist in Google My Business. Go to your Google My Business account to create and verify your listing. Reverify if necessary.
If your issue is not resolved with the above solutions and you continue to experience difficulty adding a location, you can remove the authorization in both your RocketReviews and Google My Business (remove “ReviewResponse”) accounts, wait 15 minutes, refresh both screens, and try again.
Remove GMB Authorization for RocketReviews
To remove GMB Authorization completely and no longer allow RocketReviews access, go to https://myaccount.google.com/permissions and remove the “ReviewResponse” App.